Avramopoulos & Partners provides skilled advice on a wide range of IP matters, in order to protect the value of our clients’ trademarks, ideas, inventions, or any form of “intellectual property” rights.
Besides counseling, our Firm also handles litigation matters involving issues such as unfair competition (e.g. imitation of not registered products), illegal use of trademarks, breach of copyright, trade secrets, patents, know-how, and the protection of confidential information.
More specifically, our services include the following:
- Registration of trademarks, patents, and copyrights both in Greece and internationally
- Drafting and negotiating agreements involving the transfer and licensing of intellectual property
- Drafting of international and domestic agreements for the sale and licensing of computer hardware and software
- Filing of trademark, copyright and patent proceedings and “passing off” actions
- Counseling clients on their IP assets, examining claims of alleged IP infringement, and licensing and enforcing IP rights
- Litigating, defending and/or prosecuting infringement claims in courts, government agencies, before international administrative tribunals and in arbitral forums
- Monitoring patent and trademark registers, as well as policing the marketplace for possible infringing activity
- Performing worldwide clearance searches, and advising on whether or not a mark is available for use and registration
- Negotiating and drafting trademark licenses and assignments
- Conducting “due diligence” trademark reviews
Specialized team in: Intellectual Property
Avramopoulos & Partners has been assisting IT company Algosystems in several tenders by the public sector. Other clients include AT&T and Sabre Hellas. Barbara Angelopoulou heads the team. (European Legal 500, 2018 ed.).
Avramopoulos & Partners is noted for its IT and telecoms expertise. Recently promoted partner Barbara Angelopoulou is recommended. (European Legal 500, 2017 ed.).
Avramopoulos & Partners advises on IT and telecom matters, and is instructed by clients such as AT&T GNS Hellas, and Sabre Hellas. Senior associate Barbara Angelopoulou heads the team. (European Legal 500, 2016 ed.).
Barbara Angelopoulou heads the team at Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm, which is highly recommended for data protection issues. Major clients include AT&T GNS Hellas, Sabre Hellas and New Spring Telecoms. (European Legal 500, 2015 ed.).
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm’s Athanassios Safaris and Mina Manakidou have very active practices. Recently the firm advised Motorola Mobility, ACNielsen and General Electric on data protection issues. (European Legal 500, 2014 ed.)
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm’s quality, versatile practice represents numerous TMT clients including Motorola Mobility, GE and Olympus. Athanassios Safaris heads the team. (European Legal 500, 2013 ed.)
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm is experienced in IP and data protection issues. Clients include Greek music house Nakas, Zebra and Aegean Blue Vacations. Athanassios Safaris heads the team. (European Legal 500, 2012 ed.)
Led by Eleni Bertes, Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm’s IP practice has been acting for UK clothing company All Saints Retail Limited on copyright and design infringement cases in Greece. (European Legal 500, 2011 ed.)
Eleni Bertes heads Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm’s IP practice, which has been providing data protection and regulatory advice to clients including Pearson and PPD, as well as advice to Harlenic Hellas Publishing on copyright issues. (European Legal 500, 2010 ed.)
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm advises media and entertainment clients in the film industry on matters relating to international productions. (European Legal 500, 2009 ed.)
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm is active in advising arts sector clients including Greek and international production companies, producers and filmmakers. (European Legal 500, 2008 ed.)
Avramopoulos & Partners Law Firm has a strong film law practice which represents some major US –and UK- based clients. It also acts for award-winning Greek film director Pantelis Voulgaris, and has been negotiating the live performance agreements of international artists including Jennifer Lopez. (European Legal 500, 2007 ed.)
- Provision of legal advice to numerous multinational clients holding a presence in Greece. Our advice included review of their clients’ employee privacy notice, review of standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules (BCR), Data Processing Agreements, framework for background checks, consent forms, privacy state, e-marketing and e-privacy policies etc, as well as input on local post-GDPR regime.
- Legal advice to a client regarding the advertisement created for one of its customers, which raised IP claims by a competitor in the food and beverage market.
- Provision of legal advice to a client for an international motor company and in particular in relation to mandatory requirements of privacy policies under Greek Law.
- Provision of legal advice to a client in relation to clauses related to IP rights on the software tools developed to be included in the services contracts to be entered into with its customers.
- Provision of advice regarding hosting of health data on the cloud in view of launching the new product.
- Provision of advice regarding translation requirements of Privacy Statements.
- Provision of advice regarding the social media policy implemented by a Canadian company. Our advice included review of the respective policy to ensure compliance with local law.
- Provision of legal advice to a client in order to ensure compliance with GDPR and other date protection issues, including assistance and review of Gap Analysis reports, review of standard contractual clauses, binding corporate rules (BCR), Data Processing Agreements, framework for background checks, consent forms, privacy state, etc.
- Provision of legal advice to a company providing online transportation services regarding its compliance with local data protection requirements prior to the GDPR but also following its coming into force. Our advice including review of the company’s privacy policies referring to taxi drivers but also to passengers.
- Provision of legal advice to a major British clothing company with regards to infringement of its copyrights and community designs in Greece.
- The Firm continuously provides legal advice to a leading company in the music education field and in music publishing in Greece in all their intellectual property issues.
- The Firm continuously provides legal advice to the Greek subsidiary of a leading publishing company in all their intellectual property issues related to the publication of their books.
- Provision of legal advice and drafting of contracts between a major Greek music house and the Greek company for the protection of intellectual property, for placing music sheets on the market through the internet in collaboration with foreign publishers.
- Elaboration and drafting of contracts between the persons involved in the creation of digital games, which can be accessed and run either through a visit to the producer’s internet website or through its application via mobile telephony as well as through any related aforementioned means, with a monetary sum being remitted for this reason by every visitor and user.
- Legal advice to a number of companies regarding the filing of trademark application registration in Greece.