About our Cookies Policy
What are Cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text that are sent to your browser when you are browsing in a website. They support the visited website to save information about your visit, such as your preferred language as well as certain other types of settings. As a result, your next visit becomes more user-friendly and the website becomes more useful to you. Cookies play an important role; without cookies, using any website would be a much more complicated experience.
There are two types of cookies:
- Technical cookies:
these are necessary for the proper functioning of a website and for the visitor’s navigation therein. Without technical cookies, visitors may not be able to view properly a website’s pages or use certain services.
- Profile creation cookies:
these are used to create visitor profiles in order to send customized advertising messages according to the preferences of each visitor while browsing.
“Technical” or “profile creation” cookies, can also be classified as:
- “Session” cookies, which are deleted immediately after the browser is terminated,
- “Permanent” cookies, which remain in the browser for a certain period of time. These cookies are used, for example, to identify the device connected to a website, facilitating visitor authentication / user ID procedures,
- “Proprietary” cookies, which are created and controlled directly by the website administrator,
- "Third party" cookies, which are created and controlled by third parties other than the website administrator.
Yes, we use certain Cookies for the purpose of making our website www.unitedmaritime.gr more functional and appealing to our visitors.
Our website employs “technical” cookies and more specifically the following types:
- “Proprietary” cookies, “Session” cookies or “Permanent” cookies, which are essential for browsing through our website for internal security and system administration purposes;
- “Third party” cookies, “Permanent” cookies, used by our website to provide statistical information to Google Analytics, through which the Company can perform a statistical analysis of its website access / visits. These cookies are used only for statistical purposes and collect / gather information in an aggregated manner. By using permanent cookies and session cookies Google Analytics creates a timelog register concerning the frequency of visits and browsing duration of each user in our website. Visitors give their consent directly to the owner of these cookies, from whom the Company simply collects data. The majority of third-party cookies in our website are disabled and visitors’ consent is required in order to proceed with their activation. In any event, we are notifying you that non-activation of cookies may affect your ability to fully use our website and / or make the most out of all available features and services offered therein.
On the right bottom side of our homepage, as shown below, you may select which cookies you prefer to have activated or deactivated during your visit in our website.